To complete Solar Wars it simply needs a winning state. That is where I should start.
I want the game to stay drop in / drop out so that game setup is as simple as most of the competitive multiplayer games these days. If you join a round late you will have a lower score, but that’s ok, because in the next round you will start on equal footing.
I would like to have teams, but this is the minimal feature set.
So here is a list of things I need to do:
- Round end UI to show who won
- Time limited rounds, fixed for now, say 5 minutes
- Reset trade routes after round [done]
- Reset player scores to zero [done]
- Pause connections for 5 seconds [done]
- Display the round time left on the UI [done]
- Score on UI to indicate the player color [done]
- The player’s ship needs to show his color. Perhaps a simple circle/shield around the player in his color [done]
- Colors need to be predefined instead of random, this way I can control how close two colors are to each other [done]
After completing the minimal feature set I would like to:
- Show Kills/Deaths/Score
- Show the player health as a bar instead of an integer
- Show ping to server on server selection list
- Somehow improve on level design, add multiple levels
- Add different types of weapons
- Let a player drop something when he dies, perhaps just score
- Add lan play so that a master server is not necessary behind a NAT/Firewall
- Show your IP on server
- Allow a box to join a server by IP
Ok, so now I have something specific to focus on.